Hey, ever’body!!! I’m B-A-A-A-CK!!!
Didja miss me??? After my blog-intense month of October, I took November as a sabbatical. Also intent on writing for NaNoWriMo. While I did get started on a story, I did not achieve 50K words [a mere 16K] I do have start on what will be the first of a series. It is, however, shelved for now, as I will focus my writing on the sequel to Tessa. I had not intended on a sequel, but 2 or 3 people asked about it, so I set my mind to it. and find myself more than a little bit amazed at how the story lends to it so beautifully! It’s not a sequential story, as Tessa ended in January of 2012, but a tangent that I wrote right into Tessa, without realizing it at the time!!!
On setting goals. I’ve never done the whole New Year’s Resolution bit. Attempted it a few times, because it was a challenge, and I felt obligated. To prove I could do it. Gauntlet thrown and all that. But quantifying an objective, let alone a reasonable objective, let alone an objective I thought I could actually attain, that proved the greater challenge. And so, I failed before I even tried.
That said, this year is different. For many reasons. 2014 was a year of SHIFT.
And this year, the new year, 2015 is a year of FORWARD:
After being “in the boat” going to “the other side,” this year the “going” becomes “arrived,” and I’m moving FORWARD. This scenario was the basis for a devotion I read a week or so ago, based on Matthew 8:23. Jesus slept because a) He has no fear or concern about storms, but also b) when He said to get in the boat to go to the other side, He knew they would GET to the other side. I have now got to the other side.
Not only have I not been much on resolutions, it never occurred to ask Holy Spirit for a Word for the new year, either. A word for me, a word to focus on in the new year. When someone posted their Word the other day, I liked the concept, and in the twinkling that my mind thought to ask, Holy Spirit whispered to me, “FORWARD.” So, forward I go. Stepping onto a new shore, into new territory – MY territory – breaking new ground.
And with that in mind, I have set goals. Also new for me. Not having goals, for I’ve always had some vague and lofty notion of what I intend to attain or achieve. This year, I have given thought and purpose to my goals. And prayer. And I have written them down, and now share with you my dear readers.
- finish Clara Bess (the sequel to Tessa) – I’ve just barely started, but I’ve the general story arc [I’m a pantzer, NOT an outliner] – based on Tessa, I’m figuring on 120K words, and allowing for 1000 words per day, that puts me to April to finish, and with editing, etc, my GOAL is to publish by the end of May!!!
- design and develop my website [upgrade my blog]
- author interviews – I’ve discovered a rather enjoy doing interviews, and especially enjoy getting to know other authors
- book reviews – #MUSTREAD – my weakness is not allowing, ahem, MAKING enough time to read. I read more in 2014 than perhaps in the past [sad for a book lover such as myself] and in doing so, have discovered genres I might not have ventured before! Brian Knack, Jane Ann McLachlan, Anne Elisabeth Stengl, names come to mind!! GREAT stories, and probably wouldn’t have read them if not for the intent to write a review!!!
- TIME MANAGEMENT aka DISCIPLINE – nuff said
- tech smart – need to be more savvy with the tech side of things, and not have to run crying to my techie friends when I need help!!
- learn Photo Shop – I love designing mine own covers, and PS would open a whole world of possibilities heretofore unknown to my designing abilities!
There ya have it! my FORWARD goals for 2015!!!
#2015, #newyear, #noresolutions, #goals, #SHIFT, #FORWARD, #writingmysequel